24 September 2012

Chris and Fran's Prescot Wedding and Knowsley Hall Reception

I cry at most weddings that I photograph - I don't mean to, but I think it's because of the connection we make. But Saturday was an exception - don't get me wrong, I cried all right ... I cried so much I had the tissues out and I was working hard not to sniff my way through the ceremony, and when I was looking through the photographs the first time, the second time and the third time, you guessed it, I cried again! They were the right kind of tears though - tears of happiness for a truly lovely couple who both come from fabulous families. And so it was also a day of laughter, faux pas (mine, I have to say ... one day I'll find a way to connect my brain to my mouth!), love and sunshine ... lots and lots of sunshine!

Chris and Fran had brought together the perfect team, with their wedding reception at Knowsley Hall (Wayne, Lesley and the team at the Hall are a dream to work with, and Trevor's team in the kitchens produce the most delicious food!) There was So Coco Rouge doing hair and makeup, Ling from Dragonfly Couture Stationery produce the most beautiful seating plan, orders of service and menues (and sure many other touches too), Marry Me Films were working alongside Joel and myself recording the day, and the lovely gentlemen from Horgans cars drove the couple and their wedding party to the church and back to Knowsley Hall. Stephen, a family friend, was the vicar who took the ceremony at the 400 year old church in Prescot, and his sermon was fabulous - funny and inspirational. A real treat.

In fact this is a wedding that it's so hard to pick things out to mention because there were so many fabulous things - how good Chris looked in his top hat and tails, how stunning Fran looked in her Caroline Castigliano dress (that twirled so perfectly!), the gorgeous way they dressed the hall, how lovely their families were to both me and Joel who was my second shooter for the wedding (I will resist the temptation to turn up at Andrew and Josie's for Christmas lunch, even though something tells me that Christmas would be fabulous in their home!), how friendly all their guests were, how professionally Wayne and all the staff working at the Hall were, how glamourous Josie and Kay looked (and special mention for how cute Sam looked too ... Jonathan was a bit too tall to carry off the cute thing!), how pretty the bridesmaids were with their gorgeous hair styled by So Coco Rouge, how perfect the weather was (no, really, it was perfect!), how lovely it was working with a great team, including Joel - see, just too much to mention, particularly as there is more I could say!

Can we do it all again? Can we? :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment